Because I want to go 70 mph on a budget and other changes...

blue71

Re: Because I want to go 70 mph on a budget and other change

Post by blue71 »

Somebody on thesamba runs a tall whip antenna using a bumper bolt and the wire goes through a hole already in the floor.
Nick a.k.a. Parts-whore, Young Nick, Subwoofer Nick, Nebraska Nick, Doc, the Amish connection.

Now: 1967 bug, 68 westy, 70 bus, 70 westy, 70 bug (FS), 71 westy, 71 bug
Past: 58 bug, 66 bug, 68 bug, 68 westy, 71 super, 74 super
toolbox

Post by toolbox »

Truck mirrors and dual whips.
wwebner

Post by wwebner »

magnetic mount with ant wire through the safaris :lol: They already leak.
TRL

Post by TRL »

I want an antenna that connects to front bumper, goes up to the roof rack and along the rack to the back. I will find one.
The Rick Lang
Dual Port

Post by Dual Port »

I have an extra hole in my roof from a CB antenna, I don't need it and you can have it..... :lol:
Bruce Amacker
'66 Deluxe Bus
'65 Standard Bus
TRL

Post by TRL »

So I picked up these dual 40 DRLA Delortos and before anyone says 40s are to big don't worry, venturis and jets swap out for smaller sizes in 2 minutes. But they came super dirty and crusty. I was looking into ways to clean them up and I came across this article: http://www.aircooledtech.com/tools-on-t ... a_blaster/ on Nates Aircooled Tech website (which is great!) for a homemade soda blaster and Wooow! Did they clean up like brand new or what! I got rebuild kits for them and the CB performance book on them which and helps you pick out the the right jets and venturis for your set up. So here are a few pictures of the clean up. Not much other work on the bus, I was on a big project at work that came between Bulli Brigade and I (which won't happen again I promise). And then last week I finally got my tonsils out so I've been doped up on pain killers, eating soft foods, and stuck at home. But now that I'm feeling better I'm ready to get werk. Also decided to try my hand at metal work and attempt to replace the cargo door inner and outer rocker panels. I think I will try some Autocraft metal from ECC. Have a nice Turkey Day!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
The Rick Lang
Mike Kever Kombi

Post by Mike Kever Kombi »

Very nice. Now....

Do wurk son
Mike

1961 Microbus

1971 Super Beetle (1302s)

1975 Westfalia

Sarcasm is just one of the many services I offer.

I like my water filtered through a bed of grains, cleansed by yeast, and preserved with hops.
vw7266

Post by vw7266 »

Well do youself a favor and sell them now....

because

While dellortos are the best carb made in my opinion they suck for a bus...and heres why. The idle jets are in the top so they are a PITA to get to in a bus since you cant get to the top.

You could put a type 3 hatch back there and then it would be worth it...otherwise get some weber DCNF's, or some 40 idfs
but no kadrons those suck on anything

But if your dead set on making your bus life miserable do yourself another favor and call CB performance back and get the update kits they make for them....it makes the perfect carb even more perfect.
TRL

Post by TRL »

vw7266 wrote:Well do youself a favor and sell them now
I wondered about that. Well if they dont work out. I assume i can trade them or sell them and get some some webbys. And yes, i do have the update kit installed :D
The Rick Lang
TRL

Post by TRL »

Well wanted to update because i finally got back to work on my bus... After tonsil surgery, thanksgiving, and then a nasty cold. I started some work today. My plan is to get the beam off and take my spindles to W5. And maybe do some small metal patch work in the wheel wells. I also decided to buy a narrowed beam from W5 to fit the BRM wheels I purchased for a great price.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
The Rick Lang