Camping and Cruising

Randy

Camping and Cruising

Post by Randy »

Just curious. How come few if any cruises with local fare doesnt end up as a camping weekend? There are several nice campgrounds including Rustic Knolls that would be good for this.

The only outing I make with this group is Kombis on Kelley’s. Would love to do more.
62 EZ Camper
99 Rialta
67 Westy
71 Westy
83 Mexican Panel “Julio”
wwebner

Re: Camping and Cruising

Post by wwebner »

We always include a cruise with the Mohican campout.
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=4787
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4588&start=40
Flamingo

Post by Flamingo »

Maybe we should do a monthly summer "Cruise and Snooze"? And yes...I'm digging the nichy title. You're welcome :lol:
I don't weld. I don't fabricate. And I can't even fix most of the things I break. But I do have niche-iness to offer. You're welcome.
Karl Kombi

Post by Karl Kombi »

Punderson is a pretty nice place -- we've camped there a couple of times in our bus. If anybody's into sailing, there's LaDue reservoir right down the street.
Marla

Post by Marla »

These all sound like good ideas. Mt Vernon and Punderson are both very nice areas. Ohio has a lot to offer, that's what makes it fun to explore. Cruise and Snooze IS catchy... nice. :D

"Local Fares" started as a way to break up the slower winter months and just grew from there. We generally just pick a local spot and go for an evening during the week so that we don't run into massive crowds.

If you would like to organize an event, Cruise and Snooze or otherwise, just pick a date and post it up. The Calendar is being updated for 2018. It usually takes a little time to verify the dates of events throughout the year, but they get added as they are confirmed. You can look at the Calendar to help with selecting a date.
It's Marla with an " L"
(My list of assets is just too long...)