Kelleys Island 2018 - Q & A

Buggeee

Post by Buggeee »

Hello fellow addicts. For the Kelly's Island trip do we reserve our own sites individually, or join each other at a group camp site... or??? Basically fishing for information on how to register.

I figured I'd start our relationship by posting a question that probably answers itself if I bothered to poke around on the site at all here because (a) I am sitting here thumbing my phone while waiting 20 people deep in the BMV to renew my expired kayak stickers on my way to camp the Island today and am too old to be reading stuff on this phone and (b) I want to test everyone's patience to see how my new friends will react.

Thank you Peeps!!!

Buggeee

(I had the primer-bombed Super Slammer Rat at the Vermillion outing so basically an outcast)
chuckspence

Post by chuckspence »

No need to reserve a camp site for the 4-H camp on Kelleys Island, The camp area is comprised of two football fields and the surrounding areas (approx 4 acres) Usually throughout the Summer 4-H rents the place to numerous marching bands for band camp, if you want a nice spot best to get there promptly at the earliest Friday check-in time (TBA, but usually sometime after noon), anywhatever, welcome to Leakoil...

Chuck S.
Marla

Post by Marla »

Hello and Welcome!

Registration forms for the event will be sent out to all registered members of LEAKOIL in the near future. Keep your eyes open for announcements and PMs as time goes on. You do not need to "get a site". As Chuck said it is an open field where it is first come first serve camp selection.

I am happy to see there is early interest in the event. I am looking forward to seeing lots of buses this year!
It's Marla with an " L"
(My list of assets is just too long...)
TRL

Re: Kelleys Island 2018 - Q & A

Post by TRL »

Buggeee wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:28 pm Hello fellow addicts. For the Kelly's Island trip do we reserve our own sites individually, or join each other at a group camp site.
Check these few you tube videos from the past few years.

https://youtu.be/cjQeJisB51A

https://youtu.be/7hQy0n4-hG4

https://youtu.be/fllRiGcmJNk
The Rick Lang
wwebner

Post by wwebner »

You can find answers to many questions here. viewtopic.php?f=78&t=4697

photos here. viewforum.php?f=61

Please feel free to post any questions.
Buggeee

Post by Buggeee »

Awesome. Thank you all. Looking forward to a fun outing with you Dubbers. :)
T-3

Post by T-3 »

...Eager to add new items to my LEAKOIL apparel collection.

I’ll order multiple shirts, socks, etc....
Marla

Post by Marla »

T-3 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:52 pm ...Eager to add new items to my LEAKOIL apparel collection.

I’ll order multiple shirts, socks, etc....
:lol:
It's Marla with an " L"
(My list of assets is just too long...)
Patty strohmeyer

Registration for Kellys Island

Post by Patty strohmeyer »

Hi -I sent my registration form in along with payment a few weeks ago, but check hasn't been cashed and I haven't received any notifications. Is this the usual procedure? First timer here. :)
wwebner

Re: Registration for Kellys Island

Post by wwebner »

Patty, the checks are not given to 4H until the event. Your check will not clear until sometime after the event.. Your registration had been received.
See you on the island.
Bill