Michigan Vintage Volkswagen Show - May 21st

Marla

Michigan Vintage Volkswagen Show - May 21st

Post by Marla »

This is an Michigan Vintage Volkswagen Club (MVVC) Event.

From the Website:

Michigan Vintage Volkswagen Festival

Where: Ypsilanti, Riverside Park

The Festival is set for May 20 - 21, 2017, Ypsilanti High School Parking Lot and Riverside Park, Ypsilanti. As you can see this year we will be having a two day Festival, Saturday will be a slow slalom as we did last year, then we will return to Hotel for a Pizza Party and movie night.

Visit the Festival page often as we will be updating it as new information becomes available.

https://www.mvvc.net/festival/
It's Marla with an " L"
(My list of assets is just too long...)
Dual Port

Re: Michigan Vintage Volkswagen Show - May 21st

Post by Dual Port »

That's a good show but the same day as CTS, which is where I'll be.
Bruce Amacker
'66 Deluxe Bus
'65 Standard Bus
Marla

Post by Marla »

Yes, same weekend as Bus's n Boats too. So, people have lots of options.
It's Marla with an " L"
(My list of assets is just too long...)
WideFive

Post by WideFive »

Only bad thing about being with all the cool kids at CTS is having to miss the MI Vintage Show almost every year.
"There is no restoration process that can give a car legitimacy equal to originality."
blue71

Post by blue71 »

The best way to get to Ypsi is typically via M23 going north. The BAD thing is the road is under construction both ways. I was up in MN for Easter and we took the Mitten route for a change of scenery.

The part of M23 Ohio north of Maumee before the border has some stuff being done. A bunch of the bridges crossing over M23 in Michigan are being replaced as well so there are intermittent lane closures and bottlenecks.

I80 also has construction in a few places as usual where the lanes go from 3 to 2 with some shoulder closures as well.

Don't forget I75 is under construction until hell freezes over due to the bridge replacement in Michigan south of Detroit, though that is probably not the best route to take anyways due to it being not far enough west.

I haven't asked around of Toledo/Michigan club folks and EMU friends to see how bad things are currently.
Nick a.k.a. Parts-whore, Young Nick, Subwoofer Nick, Nebraska Nick, Doc, the Amish connection.

Now: 1967 bug, 68 westy, 70 bus, 70 westy, 70 bug (FS), 71 westy, 71 bug
Past: 58 bug, 66 bug, 68 bug, 68 westy, 71 super, 74 super
chuckspence

Post by chuckspence »

Oooh... but I love to see highway construction projects, I used to go out of my way to travel on I-280 when they were building the high level bridge (Veterans' Glass City Skyway) over the Maumee river, that was cool... I guess my idea of a scenic drive is a little different....
SlashKirk

Post by SlashKirk »

Because I'll never be that cool kid that gets to go to CTS....I guess I'll enjoy the Michigan show again this year.
If you are uncool like me and want to join a few of us other losers, we camp the evening before the show, then head out the morning to attend the show......
1961 Swivel Seat Kombi
ohiowesty

Post by ohiowesty »

ummm, what is CTS?
wwebner

Post by wwebner »

Kirk wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 12:21 pm Because I'll never be that cool kid that gets to go to CTS....I guess I'll enjoy the Michigan show again this year.
If you are uncool like me and want to join a few of us other losers, we camp the evening before the show, then head out the morning to attend the show......
I'm in
ohiowesty

Post by ohiowesty »

Ypsi forecast for sunday is 80% rain/tstorms all day long. My windshield leaks and my wipers are crap, but if the forecast changes I'm in too.