Kelleys Island 2014

Mike Kever Kombi

Re: Kelleys Island 2014

Post by Mike Kever Kombi »

7 miles.....you got lucky

We popped a belt around Berlin Hts, L, Immarino and Ollie pulled over, changed the belt, Ollie and Imm pulled away, and it threw the new belt. Put the belt back on and threw it again. Ran without belt to about vermillion before battery went out.

L drove me to Amherst and 3 auto parts stores later till we found one that had any in stock. Got back put new one on, then saw that when it threw belt it got wiring harness and the black ignition wire to coil pack was almost completely severed.

Got it all back together, but still took like 6 hours to get home. Ughh
Mike

1961 Microbus

1971 Super Beetle (1302s)

1975 Westfalia

Sarcasm is just one of the many services I offer.

I like my water filtered through a bed of grains, cleansed by yeast, and preserved with hops.
heyed67

Post by heyed67 »

Theres 3 spare belts hanging in my garage could have snaged one of them...hope all of you had a good time, wish we could have been there...peace out from the high desert..
John

Post by John »

Roadkill wrote:7 miles from home, had to ride the hog home and borrow a rig. more details later.
here it is, short version, the bolts that came with the new axle shafts did not come with lock washers so they just backed out,(just flats) now they are bolted in with o m e original s. hopefully this issue is resolved,...so mike did you figure why you threw three?
Never asked for a motorcycle...
Mopar's Rock...
Mbkeith74

Post by Mbkeith74 »

Did anyone else have a issue after getting gas at the gas station by the ferry. I seem to have had some issues after. Started looking at the fuel system and found the filter clogged. It was full of nasty goop that seems to have caused a fuel starvation problem on the highway. Just thought I would ask to see if anyone else had that happen.