Post by Mike Kever Kombi »

I call it sunset in a bus on a boat.

X
image.jpg
Mike

1961 Microbus

1971 Super Beetle (1302s)

1975 Westfalia

Sarcasm is just one of the many services I offer.

I like my water filtered through a bed of grains, cleansed by yeast, and preserved with hops.
WideFive

Re: KELLEYS ISLAND 2013

Post by WideFive »

How many Buses showed up?
"There is no restoration process that can give a car legitimacy equal to originality."
John

Post by John »

three :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Never asked for a motorcycle...
Mopar's Rock...
wwebner

Post by wwebner »

WideFive wrote:How many Buses showed up?
At least 76 could have 77 if you came :lol:
Ken

Post by Ken »

wwebner wrote:
WideFive wrote:How many Buses showed up?
At least 76
I we keep growing like this we're going to have to find a bigger island. :lol:
1963 Single Cab
1964 Bowman & Sons Camper (Vegas Bus)
1966 Westy S0-42 Hardtop
1967 Westy SO-42 Pop Top
1968 Single Cab
Marla

Post by Marla »

My first time at Kelly's. I had a great time and met a lot of very nice people. Thank you all who stopped and gave me helpful tips. I learned a lot. Thank you to everyone who helped put this event together. I will definitely plan on being there next year!
It's Marla with an " L"
(My list of assets is just too long...)
sweeth20007

Post by sweeth20007 »

Marla.. Was great meeting you and your enthusiasm for Gunther and the Bus scene in general. Your bus is the envy of many but know we feel like we all can enjoy another vintage SO-23. So thanks for having the courage to just go for it and then thank you for joining the likes of us!
wwebner

2013 KI wrap up

Post by wwebner »

First, to the 200 plus people and children who made it this year,a BIG thank-you :D This event is for you and without you it could not happen.

A very big Thank-you to the "Ladies" Gail,Coco,Debbie,Pam and Julie for stuffing all the goodie bags and taking care of registration. You girls are always there when needed.

Thank-you to Maggie May who, as usual, took care of the raffles all week end.

A big thanks goes out to Brett (crapatron) for his once again great artwork for the t-shirts

Craigontheboat gets a big thanks for taking care of the LEAKOIL swag supplied in the goodie bags.

It seems like Gail (thumper) was everywhere. Thanks Gail for taking care of ALL the t-shirt business.(watch the t-shirt thread for info on the re-order)

Thanks to Jeff for the use of the airplane for the aerial photos. Gail and Brett didn't even barf while taking them. (watch the pic thread,they will get posted soon)

Bob flew in the photo booth which provide a lot of entertainment Sat. evening. ( we hope to get a link up soon for all to see each others photos) http://redeyephotobooths.smugmug.com/Ot ... &k=X3DXX2w

Also a big thanks to David and Denise for keeping all the urchins, oops, I mean children, occupied Saturday with the kids tie-dyeing and bus painting. You guys are saints. ;)

January and my son Andy and his new bride Jessica again handled the dish washing like a well oiled machine. You showed us old farts that it can be done with a drink in one hand. :lol:

Ever faithful chuck with the hot dog machine :D and the extra dogs and chili.

Kirk and Jennifer for being there to deal with the end of auction. Kirk always has my back.

And to ALL of you who participated in the auction and raffles,whether you donated or plopped down your hard earned $.

Auction, Raffle and T-shirt sales are the ONLY way that we can cover the cost of this event. It pays for insurance, hot dogs, free beer, and many of the items for the goodie bag AND maintaining this website.

The Erie County 4-H Camp gets 100% of your camping fee. Their staff was very happy to receive a record of over $5000.00 this year from the LEAKOIL camp out.

THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU

Bill
sweeth20007

Re: 2013 KI wrap up

Post by sweeth20007 »

THANK YOU,THANK YOU, THANK YOU! To Bill and Pam and the rest of the LEAKOIL worker bees for making Kombis on Kellys 2013 the best yet!
Mike Barb and of course Buster